Gloria Tschurr passed away peacefully on June 27, 2019, in San Marcos, Texas, just shy of her 95th birthday, surrounded by family. Born in Baltimore, MD, Gloria Weaver married Leland Tschurr in 1956 in Japan. Together they lived and traveled throughout the world including Beirut, Belgium, Brazil and Singapore.
Gloria was a committed Catholic and raised her children in the Church and in Catholic schools in Dallas. She was a staunch volunteer at Mary Immaculate School in Farmers Branch and later at St. Joseph Church in Port Aransas, and was a member of the Catholic Daughters of America.
While living in Port Aransas she volunteered at the Ellis Library and delivered Meals on Wheels with her daughter. She was a huge Marlin fan and enjoyed attending sporting events to cheer on the students. Gloria was a generous, kind, determined and fun-loving women who dedicated her life to her family and faith. Her family and friends will remember her intelligence and wonderful sense of humor that defined her life. Gloria is survived by her five children; Anita Tschurr, Hans Tschurr (Liz Tschurr), Monique Tschurr (Ross Jennings), Mark Tschurr (Betsy Tschurr), Michele Tschurr Lorette (Nick Lorette) and eight grandchildren; Jacob and Grace Kirby, Helen and Henry Tschurr, Isabel and Skyler Tschurr, and Trout and Monique Lorette. She will be laid to rest beside her husband at the Coastal Bend State Veterans Cemetery on July 9th in a private ceremony.
Catholic Daughters Court Our Lady
Please Join Us for
good food & fellowship
Mexican Dinner Family Night
Hosted by Catholic Daughters Court Our Lady
Friday, May 10th, 2019
From 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Springlake Event Center
2280 Springlake Road
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
On the menu…
Garnishment options; shredded chicken, cilantro, limes
Rice & Beans
Kids – quesadillas
Churros with ice cream for dessert
Children 5-12… $5
Children under 5… Free
Family max… $30
The purpose of the CDA2337 Dallas organization is to participate in the religious, charitable and educational Apostolates of the Church.
Catholic Daughters of the Americas engages in creative and spiritual programs which provide its members with the opportunity to develop their God-given talents in meaningful ways that positively influence the welfare of the Church and all people throughout the world.
Third Monday of the Month
In the Springlake Event Center
2280 Springlake Rd., Ste. 100
Farmers Branch, TX 75234
6:30 Social, 7:00 Business Meeting
Catholic Daughters of the Americas strives to embrace the principle of faith working through love in the promotion of justice, equality and the advancement of human rights and human dignity for all.
The Catholic Daughters of the Americas (CDA) was founded in Utica, New York in 1903 by John E. Carberry and several other Knights of Columbus as a charitable, benevolent and patriotic sorority for Catholic ladies. It was originally called the “National order of Daughters of Isabella,” and is dedicated to the principles of “Unity and Charity,” the order’s motto. They were originally called the national order of the Daughters of Isabella, and Carberry served as the first Supreme Regent. The Knights established our two standards of Unity and Charity.
CDA had 90 courts by 1908, and had grown from a membership of less than 100 to more than 10,000. The membership encompassed 69 cities in 18 different states. In March of 1913, the Daughters of Isabella purchased a building in Utica belonging to the Knights of Columbus for use as its official headquarters.